|HR4000 - High resolution spectrometer delivering resolution as precise as 0.02 nm FWHM |
|The HR-4000 is a miniature fiberoptic spectrometer that has an impressively high optical resolution. |
With the spectrometer, optical resolution to 0.02 nm (FWHM) is possible, depending on the optical bench options -- such as the slit size ( 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 or 200 µm wide slits) and the grating (see on the left side).
|Featured application with this spectrometer|
- Laser characterization
- Measuring gas absorbance
- Determining atomic emission lines
|The high-resolution miniature fiberoptic spectrometer features the following innovations:|
- Electronic Shutter: Open detector for 10 µs: Integration time is a setting in the software that is specified by the user. It's analogous to the shutter speed of a camera: the value specified for the integration time is the amount of time the detector "looks" at the incoming photons. Because the Toshiba detector has an electronic shutter, you can specify, via software, minimum integration time as short as 10 µs, which allow you to measure transient even like laser pulses. Also, the ability to integrate the spectrometer for brief durations eliminates saturation problems that can occur in high light-level applications such as laser analysis.
- Programmable Microcontroller: The onboard programmable microcontroller provides you with considerable flexibility in controlling the spectrometer and accessories. Through a 30-pin connector, you can implement all operating parameters in the software: control light sources, create processes, and retrieve information on external objects. You have access to 10 user-programmable digital In/Outputs for interfacing to other equipment; one analog input and one analog output, and a pulse generator for triggering other devices.
- Plug and Play operation: The spectrometer interfaces to a PC. PLC or other embedded controllers via USB 2.0 or RS-232 serial port. When using the serial port, the spectromter requires a single 5 Volt power supply. Data unique to each spectrometer are programmed into a memory chip on the spectrometer.
- Inspite of the very high spectral resolution, the spectrometer dimensions are small (LWH: 14.3 cm x 14.2cm x 4.1 cm / 5.6" x 4" x 1.6")
|Contact us to optimize the detailed product specification and to find your ideal system configuration. We are pleased to assist you in this matter. Click on "Info Links" (above left) for grating selection and sample spectra.|
|Detector||Toshiba 3648 element linear silicon CCD array|
|Pixel size||14 µm x 200 µm |
|Wavelength range||200 - 1100 nm|
|Stray Light||< 0.05 % @ 600 nm, < 0.10 % @ 435 nm|
|Integration time||10 µs to 65 seconds|
|Data transfer rate||Full scans into memory every 4 milliseconds with the USB 2.0 port, every 300 milliseconds with the serial port|
|Interfaces||USB 2.0, 480 Mbps (USB 1.1 compatible), RS-232 (2-wire) SPI (3-wire) |
|Fiber optic connector||SMA 905|
|Optical bench||f/4, 101 mm / 4.0" focal length|
|Dimensions|| 14.9 x 10.5 x 4.2 cm / 5.9" x 4.1" x 1.7"|
Last change 11/16/2007 11:17 AM
Copyright (c) getAMO 2013